If you are an upcoming surgical patient of L&P Aesthetics and AAASC, you may opt to have your COVID-19 test at our facility. Here is what you can expect to happen.
Prior to your scheduled appointment
• Read the Consent form required for testing
• If you have any questions about testing, please contact our office prior to your appointment for testing.
• Sign your consent for testing prior to your arrival day of your scheduled test.
• Check temperature and signs and symptoms for COVID-19 prior to arriving.
• Notify the office immediately 650 327-3232 if you have any of the following: Fever, Cough, Shortness of Breath Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell Recent contact with someone positive or suspected positive for Covid-19
• Bring you signed consent form with you.
• Arrive at your scheduled appointment time.
• Temporarily park in our parking lot or on the street.
• Call our office 650-327-3232 when you arrive.
• You will receive instructions to pull in our driveway (when facing our entry, the driveway is to the right).
• When instructed to do so, pull into driveway.
• Keep your window rolled up until instructed otherwise.
• A nurse will greet you, follow visual instructions.
• If you have questions, please clarify prior to your appointment or if not urgent, contact the office or your ordering physician after the appointment.
The Test Procedure
• A qualified and trained medical professional will insert a Q-tip like swab into one of your nostrils.
• The test is quick, lasting a few seconds
• It is normal to feel some discomfort during the test and immediately afterwards for a few minutes.
After The Test
• Once swabbed you will be asked to roll up your window and may leave.
• Your test will be properly labeled and sent to a local FDA approved lab such as BioReference, Lab Corp, Quest diagnostics or other qualified testing lab.
• Test results may take 3-5 days.
• You will be contacted by your ordering physician with your results.
If you have any questions about COVID-19 testing at L&P Aesthetics, please contact our office. Thank you!