If you are an upcoming surgical patient of L&P Aesthetics and AAASC, you may opt to have your COVID-19 test at our facility. Here is what you can expect to happen.
Prior to your scheduled appointment
- Read and understand the CDC information provided about testing and what do do if you show symptoms of illness.
- Read the Consent form required for testing
- If you have any questions about testing, please contact our office prior to your appointment for testing.
- Sign your consent for testing prior to your arrival day of your scheduled test.
- Check temperature and signs and symptoms for COVID-19 prior to arriving.
- Notify the office immediately 650 327-3232 if you have any of the following: Fever, Cough, Shortness of Breath Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell Recent contact with someone positive or suspected positive for Covid-19
- Bring you signed consent form with you.
- Arrive at your scheduled appointment time.
- Temporarily park in our parking lot or on the street.
- Call our office 650-327-3232 when you arrive.
- You will receive instructions to pull in our driveway (when facing our entry, the driveway is to the right).
- When instructed to do so, pull into driveway.
- Keep your window rolled up until instructed otherwise.
- A nurse will greet you, follow visual instructions.
If you have questions, please clarify prior to your appointment or if not urgent, contact the office or your ordering physician after the appointment.
The Test Procedure
- A qualified and trained medical professional will insert a Q-tip like swab into one of your nostrils.
- The test is quick, lasting a few seconds
- It is normal to feel some discomfort during the test and immediately afterwards for a few minutes.
After The Test
- Once swabbed you will be asked to roll up your window and may leave.
- Your test will be properly labeled and sent to a local FDA approved lab such as BioReference, Lab Corp, Quest diagnostics or other qualified testing lab.
- Test results may take 3-5 days.
- You will be contacted by your ordering physician with your results.
If you have any questions about COVID-19 testing at L&P Aesthetics, please contact our office. Thank you!