Lytera Skin Brightening Complex is a product that’s been getting a lot of buzz, and after Colleen, our aesthetician, showed us the results, we decided to stock our shelves.
Lytera is a non-prescription, non-Hydroquinone skin brightening cream that effectively treats brown spots and discolorations caused by sun damage. It’s not tested nor does it contain parabens.
Instead, Lytera has a combination of active ingredients that attack different types of discoloration – licorice root to smooth-out texture and fade dark spots; tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate to brighten skin by increasing firmness and boosting collagen production while also reducing melanin production; retinol to encourage healthy cell turnover and others such as squalane and vitamin B3.
It can be used on all skin types but here are the three precautions:
- It contains 4-ethoxybenzaldehyde, a fragrance known to irritate very sensitive skin.
- It’s not recommended for pregnant or lactating women.
- If you don’t use an SPF sunscreen everyday, you won’t see any results.
That said, if Lytera is safe for you and you apply a thin layer twice daily (plus sunscreen), you should be able to see dramatic results in about four weeks. In clinical studies:
- 79% of patients reported an improvement in evenness after 12 weeks
- 95% of patients reported an overall improvement in skin after 12 weeks
And now for the one drawback – Lytera is one of the most expensive skin-brightening products on the market, but there’s a reason: it’s very effective. At Lieberman & Parikh, we sell it for $142 but we currently have an introductory special of $95 now through the end of 2016.
Let us know if you think you might be a good candidate for our newest product, Lytera, by dropping us a note here.