Palo Alto Office
105 Addison Ave.
Palo Alto, CA 94301
Monday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Los Gatos Office
326 Village Ln
Los Gatos, CA 95030
Monday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Meet Dr. David Lieberman
Many people who desire the best patient experience and surgical outcomes choose Dr. David Lieberman. He is a double board-certified, fellowship-trained facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon serving the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in Palo Alto and Los Gatos, CA. Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and a member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, he possesses a comprehensive knowledge of the intricacies of facial anatomy.
As a medical director of L&P Aesthetics, Dr. Lieberman specializes in facial plastic surgery and hair restoration. He works in close partnership with Dr. Sachin S. Parikhat our Palo Alto location to deliver unparalleled aesthetic results to the Bay Area women and men he treats.
Videos Featuring Dr. Lieberman
Dr. Lieberman explains why he went into facial plastic surgery.
Dr. David Lieberman’s Credentials At-a-Glance
- Stanford University, neuroscience – graduated with honors
- Cornell Medical College – awarded school’s top prize for achievement in medical school
- Stanford University – residency training in head and neck surgery
- Awarded one of the nation’s top fellowships in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- Earned the highest score in the country on the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery examination
- Co-Medical Director of L&P Aesthetics and AAASC
- Co-Director of an advanced fellowship for the AAFPRS
- Luminary for Sciton and Merz
- Advisory Board Member for Allergan
- Volunteer Surgeon for HUGS – Help Us Give Smiles
Education & Training
Education is a top priority for Dr. Lieberman. He studied neuroscience at Stanford University and graduated with honors. After spending time as a science educator in New York City, he continued his medical education at Cornell Medical College. At Cornell, Dr. Lieberman was awarded several academic distinctions including the school’s top prize awarded to the 3 top performers throughout medical school. For his academic achievement, he was inducted early into the Alpha Omega honor society.
Dr. Lieberman’s achievements led him back to Stanford University for surgical training in the highly competitive field of head and neck surgery. Through his experience and mentorship at Stanford, he chose to pursue a career dedicated to the cosmetic and reconstructive enhancement of the face.
Following residency, he was accepted into one of the top fellowships in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery with world-renowned surgeon, Dr. Vito C. Quatela, a past president of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He received extensive training in the full breadth of facial plastic surgery, including:
- Facelift and neck lift
- Eyelid surgery
- Minimally invasive surgical and non-surgical techniques
- Hair transplantation
- Laser treatments
Dr. Lieberman was the winner of the Jack R. Anderson Prize for Scholastic Excellence after achieving the highest score in the country on the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery examination. His commitment to excellence shines through in each procedure he performs for his patients.
Humanitarian work is an essential component of Dr. Lieberman’s surgical and clinical career. He has traveled abroad to Ecuador, Vietnam, Guatemala, and Cuba as part of these efforts. He performs ear reconstruction for children born without an ear (microtia repair) as a surgeon in the Help Us Give Smiles (HUGS) organization. Dr. Lieberman has been featured on local and national radio speaking on behalf of this organization and is honored to continue this work.
“Every day, we strive to offer the highest level of care and provide consistently exceptional results for each patient.”Dr. David Lieberman
Locally, Dr. Lieberman has partnered with the Domestic Violence Advocacy Consortium, Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence, and the AAFPRS-backed Face To Face: Domestic Violence Project to offer pro-bono facial surgeries to victims of domestic violence who have injuries sustained from abuse. He also works as a volunteer facial plastic surgeon at Valley Medical Clinic in San Jose, working with Stanford Residents to provide free surgeries to uninsured patients.
Dr. Lieberman is proud to live and work in one of the most dynamic and beautiful communities in the world. He lives in the area with his wife and three children. He is credentialed at EI Camino Hospital and Good Samaritan Hospital.
American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Jack R. Anderson Prize, award for achieving the top score in the country on the Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Board Examination
Cornell Medical College
- The John Metcalf Polk Prize, awarded to the top three scholastic performers throughout medical school
- Junior Alpha Omega Alpha
- Arthur Palmer Prize, awarded to the graduating student with the best record in Head & Neck Surgery
- Harold G. Wolff Research Prize, for the most outstanding original research in the neurological sciences
- Mitchell Spivak Memorial Prize in Pediatrics, awarded to the student with the best record in Pediatrics
- Graduated with honors
- The Bernard Shuer Award for Neuroscience Research
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Research Grant
Publications & Book Chapters
- Lieberman DM, Quatela VC. Outcomes in Endoscopic Midface Lifting. (In Production)
- Lieberman DM, Quatela VC. Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty: A Current Perspective. Clinics in Plastic Surgery. 2013 Jan;40(1): 157-65.
- Lieberman DM, Quatela VC. The Midface Lift: A Review. Recent Advances in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery. 2013. (accepted for publication)
- Lieberman DM, Jan TA, Ahmad O, Most SP. Effects of corticosteroid treatment on functional recovery and neuron survival after facial nerve injury in mice. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2011 Mar-Apr;13(2):117-24.
- Lieberman DM, Lin A. Radiology quiz case 2. Fetal goitrous hypothyroidism. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2010 Oct;136(10):1031, 1034-5.
- Hemmat S, Lieberman DM, Most SP. An introduction to stem cell biology. Facial Plast Surg. 2010 Oct;26(5):343-9.
- Lieberman DM, Most SP. Lateral nasal wall suspension using a bone-anchored suture technique. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2010 Mar-Apr;12(2):113.
- Lieberman DM, Hwang PH. Chronic Invasive Fungal Sinusitis In The Immunocompromised Host. Poster presentation at the American Rhinological Society annual meeting, Chicago, IL, September 2008.
- Chan DK, Lieberman DM, Musatov S, Goldfein J, Selesnick SH, and Kaplitt MG (2006). Protection against cisplatin-induced ototoxicity by AAV-mediated delivery of the X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis (XIAP) is not dependent on caspase inhibition. Otol Neurotol 28:417-425.
- Lieberman DM (Founding Author). Le T, Klein J, Shivaram A. (Eds.). (2008). First Aid Q&A for the USMLE Step 1. McGraw-Hill Companies.
- Lieberman DM (Founding Author). Le T, Klein J, Shivaram A. (Eds.). (2007). First Aid Q&A for the USMLE Step 2. McGraw-Hill Companies.
- Lieberman DM, Parikh SS. Medical and Surgical Management of Nasal Obstruction. Grand Rounds, Good Samaritan Hospital/ San Jose, CA, January 2013.
- Lieberman DM. HUGS (Help Us Give Smiles) Radio Segment. WS Radio- National Segment. Recorded in Rochester, NY. March 2012.
- Lieberman DM, Most SP. Effects of corticosteroid treatment on functional recovery and neuron survival after facial nerve crush injury. Oral presentation at the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery annual meeting. Boston, MA, September 2010.
- Lieberman DM, Fernald RD. Social regulation of gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor levels in cichlid fish, Haplochromis burtoni. Honors thesis presentation for the Department of Neuroscience, Stanford University. Stanford, CA, June 2000.
Request your consultation with Dr. Lieberman online or call (650) 327-3232 to schedule an appointment in the San Francisco Bay Area at our Palo Alto or Los Gatos offices.Back to Top