Dermaplaning is a cosmetic procedure that involves using a sterile surgical scalpel to gently scrape the surface of the skin, removing dead skin cells, vellus hair (a.k.a. “peach fuzz”), and other impurities.
Here are some benefits of dermaplaning:
- Exfoliation: Dermaplaning is a highly effective way to exfoliate the skin. It removes the top layer of dead skin cells, which can help to unclog pores and leave the skin looking brighter and smoother.
- Improved skin texture: By removing dead skin cells and other impurities, dermaplaning can help to improve the overall texture of the skin, making it feel smoother and softer to the touch.
- Enhanced product absorption: After dermaplaning, skincare products are more easily absorbed into the skin. This is because there are no dead skin cells or vellus hair to block the pores, allowing the products to penetrate more deeply.
- Reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles: Dermaplaning can help to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by removing the top layer of dead skin cells, which can make these imperfections less visible.
- Hair removal: In addition to exfoliating the skin, dermaplaning also removes vellus hair, which can help to improve the overall appearance of the skin and give it a smoother, more even texture.
- Safe for most skin types: Dermaplaning is generally safe for most skin types, including sensitive skin. It is a non-invasive procedure that does not involve the use of harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, making it a gentle yet effective way to improve the appearance of the skin.
Dermaplaning should only be performed by a licensed and trained professional, like the providers at L&P Aesthetics, as improper technique can lead to injury or damage to the skin.