We’re Hiring! Patient Consultant
POSITION: Patient Consultant (PC)
DEPARTMENT: Back Office
POST DATE: November 21, 2017
Scope of Work – Patient Consultant
We perform state-of-the-art cosmetic surgery, which includes but is not limited to facial plastic surgery and hair restoration. The Patient Consultant (PC) will engage in phone inquiries and face-to-face consultations with potential and/or current patients from initial inquiry to follow-up. The PC will represent the practice and establish a positive rapport with patients.
Job Summary – Patient Consultant
The PC will be responsible for managing patient inquiries, including scheduling of consultations and subsequent follow-up in converting patients to surgery. As a part of this process, the PC will educate patients on proposed treatment care plans, including payment options. In addition, this position will be responsible for managing interactions with patients both in the pre-and post-operative phase of the patient’s journey. The PC will work in conjunction with the physician(s) and practice manager in establishing and achieving agreed upon goals. This individual will work closely with all staff members, in a highly collaborative environment, to ensure that patient needs and practice goals are met.
- Two to four years of work experience in a plastic surgery or medical office
- One to two years of sales experience preferred
- Ability to exert subtle motivation and influence
- Proven track record in meeting and/or exceeding goals
- Proven track record for working as part of a highly collaborative patient management team
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Be open to coaching
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to listen effectively and understand patient needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills and is energetic, reliable and flexible
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and stay very organized
- Ability to provide friendly, timely service to all patients with questions or concerns
- Ability to negotiate internal resources
- Highly computer literate including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel
- Position requires a professional demeanor and appearance at all times
- Knowledge of PatientNow or NexTech and CareCredit are a plus
- Respond to inquiries (via phone and walk-in) regarding procedures (cosmetic surgery, hair) and monitor patient referral process.
- Assess needs of the practice. Consult with and present benefits and features of services and procedures.
- Follow-up after consultations with phone calls, letters and literature.
- Provide weekly tracking reports on new patient consultation statuses
- Maintain contact with patients throughout entire experience to ensure a positive experience.
- Contact patients who did not schedule surgery to evaluate conflicts and address issues. Retain patients by recommending other services such as non-surgical treatments, skin care consultations or laser services.
- Review surgery schedule weekly with OR manager and physicians
- Schedule cosmetic and surgical procedures, pre-op and post-op appointments.
- Review and ensure solid surgery schedule for the physicians. Fill-in cancellation spots.
- Contact patients the night before surgery.
- Follow-up after surgery with personal notes or phone calls.
- Promote esthetician and skin care services to patients.
- Collect surgical, facility and anesthesia fees associated with surgery and process with the Business Office.
- Coordinate patient seminars, including invitations, presentations, refreshments, and follow-up. Consult with attendees.
- Assist marketing manager with internal/external marketing, general marketing efforts (including collateral) and website development.
- Proactively develop outside contacts.
- Attend seminars to keep informed and updated in plastic surgery.
Note: All duties and responsibilities stated are essential job functions. Staff members may be required to perform additional job-related duties as assigned by management.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate available start date and salary expectations.